New Jobs 2022
Job title: Senior Project Management Officer
EFTA is an institution dedicated to small enterprises and producer groups that have outgrown microfinance but are unable to access bank finance due to prohibitive collateral requirements. The business model is based on a highly standardized financial lease product to finance equipment and machinery. The equipment provides a collateral substitute which allows EFTA to lend without collateral making this highly accessible and expanding access to finance considerably. EFTA uses a branch-based model, serving and maintaining relationships with the customer. The product is tailored to this market, with a three-year (maximum) repayment term and with the ability to modify the repayment schedule where strong businesses face temporary income shocks.
|Report to||Administrative to Managing Director and Functionally EFTA Board chairman|
|Working Location||EFTA HQ (Dar es Salaam)|
|Duration||This 12-month contract, with a possible extension of the term|
|To support the implementation of EFTA’s transformation strategy, to achieve significant improvements in growth and efficiency.|
|– To support the Managing Director (MD) in the implementation and monitoring of EFTA’s turnaround strategy, by creating a detailed project plan, including milestones, expected financial outcomes, responsibilities and timelines to the satisfaction of the MD and the Board.|
– To provide a weekly update to the Managing Director and Board Chairman of EFTA on the progress against the plan and discussion of any remedial actions needed and revisions of the plan, and
– To prepare monthly reports to the Lenders committee and the Board on progress against the plan
| – Lease Book Growth through Increasing approvals and activations|
To track and advice EFTA management on the strategy to increase approvals and activations through sales campaigns, the launch of new products, increase supplier network, etc.
– Improvement in operational efficiency
To track management actions to access bank overdraft for efficient cash management, staff effort in the onboarding of new clients, and increased utilization of ICT in daily operations.
– Improving credit quality and recovery
To track the new lease approvals gradually increasing lease term from 2-3 years, monitoring of non-performing leases, repossessions, and re-sales
– Cost Management
Through the financial report to track major costs in line with the approved budget
– Improvements in Human Resource (HR) Management
To track the human resources practices with the objective of increasing staff efficiency and productivity.
– Preparation of reports
To prepare weekly reports to the Managing Director, and monthly reports to the lenders and the Board on the progress on implementation of EFTA turnaround strategy.
To carry out ad hoc project administration tasks as required and/or directed by Managing Director.
– Graduate in Project Management, Accounts / Finance, Business Administration or related field
– 5 years or more years of relevant experience in Finance or a related field
– Numeracy and literacy skills and analytical skills
– Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
– Excellent organizational and time-management skills
– The ability to be proactive and to use your own initiative
– Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
– The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
– Excellent relationship, communication, and presentation skills
– Personal confidence and resilience
– Willingness to travel around the country to EFTA’s branches
– Diligence, Honesty, and Integrity
– Good time management
– Always observe confidentiality
– Good team player and hardworking
|07th January 2022|
Kindly attach the relevant document on PDF form with the title of your name:
– Kindly attach relevant documents (Resume CV and Cover letter) in PDF format with the title of your name and send them via this email firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Also fill in the form with the link attached here APPLICATION FORM below